Saturday, 18 March 2017

Sick Pay...


When you're self-employed it's really simple; if you don't work you don't get any money. However, now that I've ditched self-employment to become a bona fide employee I'm discovering the benefit of 'sick pay'. What a truly marvellous phenomenon it is!

After suffering with persistent cough, instead of continuing to struggle in to work in order to ensure I could afford to pay my bills, I was able to take a couple of days off so that my poor old lungs could recover, without me getting stressed out over money. Being able to rest at home fully focussed on simply getting better was not only good for my physical health but also my mental well-being.

This is actually a win-win situation all round as not only was I able to return to work fighting fit within a relatively short period of time, my co-workers no longer had to listening to me hacking up my lungs all day. Result!

No comments:

Post a Comment